Cowes Rotary Club was first formed in the 1920’s, the Club was closed during the Second World War and was not restarted until 1965. Now it is a thriving body with Members of both sexes and has much to offer the community of Cowes. Visitors are assured of a warm welcome.
The Club is twinned with the Rotary Club of La Rochelle, France with whom there is a lively programme of mutual visits.
Community Groups Supported by Cowes Rotary
Cowes Rotary has helped numerous community groups in the past year, not just with financial assistance but with manpower. In total we donated around £4500. Here are some of the people and projects we have helped.
- Seniors Out Christmas Lunch
- Manpower and organisational support for Mountbatten’s Walk the Wight
- Gurnard Football Club strip
- Ellen McArthur Trust
- Cowes Primary School Garden
- Shoeboxes for Romania
- Association of Sail Training Organisations’ Small Ships Race, Cowes
- Young Enterprise/Dragon’s Den prizes
- Wessex Cancer Trust
- Rotary Youth Leadership Awards
- St George’s School
- Cowes Primary School Lollipop scheme
- Medina Park Minibus Fund
- Support for Cowes Academy student visit to Yukon
- St Mary’s Church, Cowes
- Isle of Wight Youth Concert Band