CAN ANYONE BECOME A ROTARIAN?
Yes. Rotary does not discriminate by race, gender or religion. So if interested contact Cowes Rotary Club Secretary John Hamar.
WHAT WILL BE EXPECTED OF ME?
- The Rotary motto is “service above self”. Members are expected to uphold the Rotary principles of honesty, fairness and friendship.
- Members contribute to activities such as assisting with club administration and fund raising or service projects.
- Rotarians are encouraged to come to weekly meetings, but attendance rules are reasonably relaxed.
- Rotary is sociable and enjoyable –members are expected to have fun!
WHAT DOES MEMBERSHIP COST?
- The annual subscription (2018/19) is £100 (in two instalments).
- Meals at the weekly meeting every Thursday
- The other “cost” is your time
WHAT HAPPENS AT MEETINGS?
At fellowship meetings we enjoy a meal and the companionship of other Rotarians. We discuss and plan activities and projects at monthly business meetings and at others we invite speakers to address us on a wide range of topics. To find out more about meetings please visit our website.
SO HOW DO I JOIN?
New members are always very welcome. You can ask any Rotarian to put your name forward to the club secretary. If you don’t know any Rotarians, contact the club secretary and arrange to visit us and see what happens for yourself. We meet every Thursday at 6.30 at the New Holmwood Hotel, Cowes